My name is Jasper. I'm nine years old. I'm part saddle horse and part walking horse. I have lived right here on this ranch for five years. This place belongs to Johnny and me. Johnny just plays; I have to work. Work, work work!
Here I am pulling a buggy, hauling Johnny. On top of all that, he has a friend with him.
Working again, just another day at the office! Johnny gets this old black Amish Buggy out every few days and I have to pull it around, here and there and everywhere. At least, I am getting a few minutes break while he's in the pharmacy. He has got me parked in a car parking zone and there is no telling how long he'll leave me, just standing and standing. He'll talk to everyone in the store.
If I have to pull something, I think I had rather pull this buckboard. But, what do I know?
If he thinks I'm gonna pull that piece of junk, he's crazy!
I hate parades. I have to march in one every year, more often than that, truth be known. They think this is a wedding carriage but it isn't. I'm keeping my mouth shut, though. I say nothing! I don't mind pulling Wyatt, but look...I have Casey and Johnny too, the big sluggers. Just load the wagon, don't mind the mule.
That's Nick coming up behind me on Daisy. He thinks he's a cowboy, but he is not. Look at that silly cap. But, I ain't said nothing.
Oh, no, not another wedding! It looks to me like Johnny is getting the "carriage" all ready for one. I hate doing weddings, takes forever.
Yep, I was right, another wedding for me to do. See this stupid collar? I WOULD NOT do these dumb weddings if not for Casey. She owns a florist and directs weddings, so I'll help her. But, I am NOT doing this for Johnny, mind you.











Cute,,,cute,,,,cute....!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Jasper...you look pretty "smart" pulling that white buggy....
Enjoy
What a beautiful horse. I love riding in a horse drawn carriage.
ReplyDeleteYes Jasper is beautiful, even if he does not like weddings.
ReplyDeleteJasper, you have a very nice trot, there. And, you are a very handsome young man. I'm glad that you have realized that Johnny is your best friend, and that you two make a great team.
ReplyDeletethe video I watched twice. I love horse Jasper is quite a horse. I am thinking Jasper is living the life of Riley Horse. He looks happy to me. that is really a lot for one horse to do
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone, for bragging on me and telling me how good looking I am. You are right, Sandra, I am living The Life of Riley, but don't tell Johnny. Thanks again, Jasper
ReplyDeleteHi Jasper...I love your name. Thanks for sharing a little bit about your life here on Gerry's blog :) :) :) You are a fine looking horse...and a good horse, to pull all those people around!!! Have a lovely week. Make sure to say hi to Gerry for me, please :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Heather. I love your name too amd I think you are a beautiful girl. I will tell Gerry hello for you. She will like that. Hee haw for now...Jasper
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your photographs and the video about Jasper and Johnny. Great story!
ReplyDeleteGerry, I wrote a long comment on this hilarious post but where did it go? Sometimes I'm almost sleeping when I'm on the computer.... maybe I wrote it some where else. This one is a real work of art. Great humor. I was laughing out loud. Straight from the horse's mouth. Don't you sometimes wonder what animals would say if they could really talk. Johnny, (he's your son in law, right?) sounds like a neat guy with sincere feeling for animals. How many people would break ice to rescue an animal? You have a nice family.
ReplyDeletei love the way you wrote your post. i'm glad at the end all is all well. thanks for your comment on my blog re my mother and death. have a good evening.
ReplyDeleteManzanita, I'm so sorry your long comment got lost somewhere out in, perhaps space? I do that too, at times.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you enjoyed my post. I think I was laughing out loud too, as I wrote it. Yes, Johnny is my son in law, very fine man. I appreciate you compliments. Gerry
Hi Gerry!
ReplyDeleteThis story is so cute, as is the one about the church and about your son-in-law's Border Collie...Your blog is just so adorable and is a treat in every way!!!!
Thank you so much for the comments on the house--we were excited!
See, we renovated it for 9 straight months after Hurricane Katrina...We didn't even have walls when we bought it! So, it is quite a joy to see the transformation.
Wishing you a wonderful day!!!
Hugs,
Cindy
That's life in the fast lane, Jasper. You better get use to it unless all the carts are sold sometime soon.
ReplyDeletethanks for your comment on my blog. I'm not certain if i believe in reincarnation.
ReplyDeleteWhat a hilarious, then touching story. It is so well told from Jasper's perspective. It sounds like so much love there between Jasper and Johnny.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!! Stopping by to say Hi!.
ReplyDeleteIf I'm your newest follower? Yes, I am.
Thank you for share nice blog,
http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/
my community is http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
Have a nice day.
Nan
PS. From Follow Friday 40 and over
Thank you Jasper for dropping by Gerry's blog and letting us know how you REALLY feel about your life. ; ) You are a very handsome horse!
ReplyDeleteThank you, my good blogging buddies, for all of your nice compliments on my handsome good looks. I love ♥ love you all!
ReplyDeleteJasper, the friendly (sometimes stuborn) horse.
Jasper is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI am now following you through
Follow Friday 40+!!
Peggy Gorman
http://pegsplay.blogspot.com/
Hi there! It's Granny fom Australia :0)
ReplyDeleteThought Id drop by and thankyou for your comments on my blog.And to do a little reading here to get to know you...Im enjoying the soap post very much!
Have a great week :0)
Thanks for stopping by! Im following back!
ReplyDeleteLove your horse pics...and the soap..
I am sooo in love with handmade soap!
thanks for commenting on my blog re playhouse. It's big enough to use it as a shed. take care Rose
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your horse show for today. That was a super idea for your post. I love the Amish country and would love to visit one in the East.
ReplyDeleteI love your funny story, Jasper.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about remarrying my first husband... I don't suppose you would be interested in trotting down to Florida with your white carriage, would you?
Relax! I was just kidding ;)
You look real spiffy in you movie show!
Well, it's nice to meet you Jasper. You are one handsome dude! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Gerry!
ReplyDeleteSherry @ A Happy Valentine
Thank you, Sherry, you sweet thing, you! Jasper
ReplyDelete~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have a good weekend too. Gerry
Jasper, I think you must do all this with dignity, as befitting a gent like you! You look great in your white collar. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt in your fall through the ice! You have nice people!
ReplyDeleteHave a great summer!
Hugs,
Sherry
Gerry a yera's gone by. I guess maybe a tragedy has occurred? We miss you.
ReplyDeleteYes, Gerry, we miss you and wondering where you are. Hope all is well with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHi, Nice post I enjoyed reading it. Can I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com
https://www.e-technews.info/2021/01/a-few-tips-and-advices-for-buying-baby.html
ReplyDelete